Monday 27 December 2010

Giant Knitting

I recently discovered Jacob Oram's, Knitwear Design pieces and found them fascinating! He uses giant needles with thick, chunky wools to create really interesting, structural pieces. As a fashion designer, he takes knitwear to new levels creating dramatic, over the top, compositions that create an instant 'wow' factor. I really do admire Jacobs work, I think this new level of chunky knit has been executed beautifully in the fashion garments he has produced. Perhaps I will purchase some of these extra chunky needles and give some chunky knitting a go for myself! I shall keep you updated with how that goes!


Jaco Oram's Menswear collection.



One of the knitted jumpers I find the most successful for the current fashion market.

No comments:

Post a Comment